Renting a boat from us you get the benefit you will have secure and no worries, no maintenance.
At your arrival you will be asked to sign a contract and to provide your passport and pay the rental deposit (€ 500,00) by cash or credit card; of course you will get it back at the end of the rental period.
We will give you the boat with full tank. You will pay the patrol at you return. Our boats are full equipment with petrol digital instrument. You have to be sure not to be overcharged but to pay just the petrol you used.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You must be 18 years or over to make a booking with us.
- Online discounts and promotional fares are not available for bookings made through telephone calls; All prices displayed are subject to change without notice before a booking is confirmed.
- The person making the booking is classed as the “Lead Name” in any booking which includes more than one person. Where you are the lead name you guarantee to us that you have the authority to accept these Terms and Conditions for each person named in your booking. You will be the primary contact with us and will accept any communications/correspondence from us on behalf of your entire party.
- When you book, any taxes imposed by our government are included in the advertised price.
- At the time of booking, you must provide us with your contact details; These details must include a mobile number so that we can contact you any time if needed. If you fail to meet this obligation and we cannot reach you, we will not be liable to you or anyone else in your booking for any loss or expense you and they incur because of a lack of information from us about any change, amendment, delay or cancellation.
- Online bookings are valid only if forwarded at least 2 days before the chosen date and only if a confirmation e mail has been sent by us to you. For last minute bookings (less than 2 days before the chosen date), please contact us by email (email@example.com).
- In order to proceed with your reservation, we will require a deposit of 50% of total rental price to be sent by bank transfer to us. In order for the reservation to take effect, the deposit amount must be displayed within 2 days in Deep Blue Boats bank account. After 2 days the reservation will be canceled. For bank transfers done very close to the rental date chosen, please bring the receipt with you when coming to our base to pick up the boat.
- After you have made your booking we will send you an e-mail confirming acceptance and it is at this time that a binding contract comes into existence between you and us. Please check your confirmation e-mail very carefully. If there are any discrepancies or it is not what you think you booked, please contact us immediately and no later than within 24 hours of booking to discuss. Deep Blue Boats accepts no responsibility for non-receipt of emails. It is your responsibility to contact us if you do not receive an expected email regarding a booking confirmation.
- Any reservation found not to comply with all of the above requirements will be cancelled.
BOAT HIRE TIMES AND PROCEDURE:
- DAILY RENTAL: 1 full day rental is approx. 8 hours: max arrival time in the evening is at 18:00. Our office opens at 9:30, we do operate first come first served basis.
- WEEKLY RENTAL: pick up time at 9:30 – drop off time at 17:30.
- HOURLY RENTAL: Information’s available only from our base.
- N.B. Non-arrival at our office by 10:00 a.m. on the boat rental start day without prior notification shall entitle Deep Blue Boats to treat the booking as cancelled. Every boat is checked before the commencement of hire and in the event of mechanical failure, the right is reserved to delay departure until a repair is affected. Deep Blue Boats will give you demonstration and explain the controls of boat and its equipment’s. A boat check will be done together and you must return the boat with all its equipment to Deep Blue Boats in the same condition as given (clean and tidy) by the established return time. The boat will be inspected again and in case of damage or loss a charge will be made. The return of boat later than the estimate arrival time without any notification or in an unclean condition will incur an extra payment.
- When making the contract with us on boat pick-up day, we ask you to pay by credit card a mandatory security deposit of €500 that will be held by Deep Blue Boats for the entire duration of rental period.
- If the boat is returned on time, in same condition as given and without damage, loss of equipment or third party claim against you, the deposit will be given back to you. Where loss or damage has occurred, all or part of your security deposit may be withheld by Deep Blue Boats to cover the cost of loss.
- If you have made a booking and wish to cancel it, you should contact us 2 weeks in advance prior your booking and we will refund the full amount of your booking.
- Should you wish to cancel your reservation with us giving us less than 2 weeks’ notice prior to your booking no money will be refunded.
BRING WITH YOU ON PICK UP DAY:
You are responsible for making sure you have all relevant documents with you when visiting our base to sign rental contract; you must present all these below to us:
– valid passport or ID and an up to date motor boat license (if applicable);
– valid credit card (we accept VISA, MASTERCARD, MAESTRO, VISA ELECTRON) in order to pay the € 500,00 for damage deposit; please be aware that debit cards are welcome, but usually there is a daily limitation on money withdrawal.
– mobile telephone fully charged is essential onboard; it will have to be always switched on to communicate in any case (any emergency).
– confirmation e mail of your booking we sent.
If you do not appear to possess the correct documentation or do not meet all relevant requirements of these Terms and Conditions, you will not be allowed to travel.
- LEVEL OF COVER – COMPREHENSIVE WITH EXCESSES (€500-€1000 depending on the type of boat): This covers damage caused by you to the boat by accident. It also covers you for any damage you cause to other people or property.
- Although boats are insured, you (The Driver) are primarily response for any damage or loss to the boat and its equipment; in case of damage/loss you will have to pay the amount of excess in full or part of; this amount will vary depending on the type of damage/or loss. You (The Driver) will be held responsible for the actions of the other members of your party as well.
N.B. We also strongly recommend that you have adequate personal insurance cover for your holiday needs in case of injury.
- Fuel costs are NOT included in boat rental rates.
- The Boat is given to you with full Tank.
- At arrival we refuel together at the gas station located near our base. Then you will pay the petrol you spend.
- It is prohibited to refuel the Tank cause maybe of engine problem.
- You (The Driver) are responsible for the boat’s safe navigation and for the actions of each member of your party and you must take all reasonable care. No minor aged under 18 may control the boat.
- In the event of damage to or breakdown of the boat rendering it inoperable, however caused, no responsibility can be accepted by Deep Blue Boats for loss of time and any other damages or expenses incurred as a result. Deep Blue Boats shall not be responsible for the consequence of any delay, restriction or cancellation of boat rentals arising from repairs or damage or other circumstances beyond its control.
- In the case of any accident or damage to the boat: you must notify us immediately reporting full details and you should wait for our instructions; no action should be taken by your own initiative. We will take steps to repair the boat as quickly as practicable in the circumstances; where no possible Deep Blue Boats shall not be responsible for the consequences of delays or cancellation.
- In the case of any accident or damage to any other craft or waterway property you must: record the details (name, model, registration number…) of any other boat involved with names, addresses of its owner and witnesses (where applicable); immediately report the fact to Deep Blue Boats with full details.
- No repairs may be put in hand without Deep Blue Boats’s consent; you must wait our instructions.
- All Children are counted as adults on board.
- We recommend that children (3-14 years old) wear lifejackets when boat is moving.
- It is mandatory to respect maximum number of passenger permitted on board to comply with laws and regulations: the number of persons indicated for each boat must not be exceeded.
- When renting a boat for a few days, clients have ΝΟ the option to keep the boat at their accommodation. You must return each evening the boat to the base.
- Before getting on board it is a good idea to take off your shoes; we request that you use the boat with the utmost care and return it in the same condition in which you have been given; who brings food or drinks on board is strongly requested not to leave any rubbish or empty. When you collect the boat: Please check the boat has lifejackets, flares, first aid kit, oars, anchor, rope and the engine of the boat is in a good condition. The boat rental company is not responsible for loss of the boat or engine, oars, anchors, etc. The renter is obliged to pay any damage done to the propeller or to the boat.
- The use of alcohol is strictly forbidden to the driver.
- You cannot take and use on board any gas appliances and portable heaters of any type.
- You must navigate in accordance with current bye-laws and must observe the speed limits explained.
- Not allowed to stray less than 200 meters from beaches where there may be swimmers, shallow waters or divers. Not allowed to exceed border limits of the showing map (with red line) because it is illegal to European sea regulations and illegal to enter Albanian water.
- The captains of the boats must follow the International Regulations in order to avoid any crash into the sea and the boating must be done before sun rising and after sunset with the use of the navigation lights. The captains, who break the law, are subject to paying fines according to PD 381/95 (A214) and according to General Harbor Regulation No 20, which is published in the Greek National Gazette No 444/26499 and can result in criminal proceedings and penalties.
- At the end of rental period it is your own responsibility to ensure that you collect all your items of personal belongings from the boat; We accept no responsibility for any items left aboard.
- Deep Blue Boats is not responsible for sudden adverse weather condition; in case of bad weather or wind, depending on severity, planned hires may be delayed or cancelled (in this case they will be postponed to the first available date).
- The right is reserved to restrict cruising if unusual or hazardous conditions prevail.
- Deep Blue Boats may at its absolute discretion refuse to hand over a boat or terminate the boat rental period in advance where, in the opinion of Deep Blue Boats the driver is likely to cause damage, distress or fails to comply with company rules; in such event Deep Blue Boats will be under no obligation to refund any money. For the event of any misuse of the boat, the boat rental company has the right to retrieve the boat and terminate rental. No money will be refunded.